Tool Cases

Stan Kroeker skroeker@MTS.Net
Wed, 18 Dec 1996 19:43:32 -0600

Dear Patrick,

After attending Bruce Genck's class "50 Ways To Make More Money Now!", at
the Dearborn Convention, I took a costly step of faith and purchased the
Genck Professional toolcase No. 275 (available from Schaff).  I was
initially skeptical that this diminutive, though exquisitely crafted, case
would meet my needs.

After 5 months of use I can enthusiastically claim that this is the best
case on the market for professional piano service people.  The idea behind
a smaller but highly organized kit, according to Genck, is that it is
unnecessary and tiresome to lug a heavy toolkit into every customer's home
when we only use a few basic tools for the average service appointment.
For any spot repair we might encounter outside the scope of basic tuning or
regulating, we would keep a secondary case together with appropriate
parts/supplies in the car just a few steps outside the home.

I was also concerned that the Genck case had no room for invoices &
literature.  As part of the professional image that I wish to present to my
customers, I also took Bruce's advice and carry all of paperwork in a
separate leather portfolio.

For those of you with a SAT, there is a larger Genck case (No. 2663) with a
special compartment for this device.

Best of luck in your search,

Regards,

Stan Kroeker, RPT