Reyburn Cybertuner

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Wed, 18 Dec 1996 20:01:42 +0000

Greg & Mary Ellen Newell wrote:

> Salutations,
>         I wonder if any of you out there have enough experience with Dean's
> newest offering to share your experience with it's use in high noise
> environments. This has long been one of the draws in having one of
> these toys. I feel that I do a good job tuning aurally when I can
> actually hear what I'm tuning but as we all know that aint always
> possible.  I just saw Dean's program in demo at our local chapter
> meeting and forgot to ask this one very important consideration.
>         Dean if your out there feel free to chime in a response if you wish.
> Any input from all the rest of you is also most welcome.
>                                 Greg
> Greg & Mary Ellen Newell
> Greg's Piano Forte'
> 12970 Harlon Ave.
> Lakewood, OH 44107
>
> e-mail;
> gnewell@en.com  or
> dt945@cleveland.freenet.edu
> (216) 226-3791
>
> .-

I think the highest noise environment I have to work in is between sets at the jazz club.
With everybody talking and my head completely inside the piano, I can sort of make a
unison sound a little better. If it's real bad. With the Cybertuner, the pattern is a little
jumpy in the mid-range but it's still possible to tune real nice unisons. I think you need
to turn off the auto-switching feature, though. Also, today, I tuned the treble section of a
piano with the maid vacuuming in the room. Didn't have to stop her. I believe Dean did
say that a vacuum might be a problem - maybe he meant in lower ranges.

--
Thomas A. Cole, RPT
Santa Cruz, California