Tool Cases

Eric Leatha tunrboy@teleport.com
Wed, 18 Dec 1996 20:23:42 -0800

>Dear List Members:  I am the market for a new technician's tool case
>and would like to get some recommendations on the most useful types
>available from the various supply houses.  I carry all my repair and
>regulating tools in my case; the Accutuner has its own case.  I'd like
>to find one with an aluminum shell if possible.  (Hope I'm not opening
>a Pandora's box of opinions with this subject!)  Thanks, Patrick
>Poulson, RPT

Alright!  Nothing like a new tool case to revitalize your life.  Everytime
I get one, I rearrange everything and decide:  now my life's gonna be
easier, no more stress, no more problems.  Its like a fresh start in a new
world, no?

Well, this occurred for me back in April.   I walked into Radar, a
Northwest electronics supply house, for some electronic parts and saw the
zipper cases.  What they have from Platt cases make the supply houses look
like the gift pack bags from the cologne counter.  I bought the telephone
technicians' case and happy to say, it hasn't let me down.  There's more
than ample room for what used to reside in two tool cases.
If you don't have a Radar, try Jensen tools.  I'll try to find the number...

Eric Leatha, RPT
Portland, OR
tunrboy@teleport.com
"The Buddha, the Godhead, is just as at home in the circuits of a computer
or the action of piano as on the top of a mountain or the petals of a Lotus
flower."
-Robert Persig (freely interpreted by undersigned)