What's in a Name?

Ron Torrella torrella@umich.edu
Thu, 19 Dec 1996 15:40:14 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 18 Dec 1996, Warren Fisher wrote:

[snip]
> Fis(c)her can be spelled with a "C"!  It is the spelling of preference
> for some 80% of my customers in spite of the fact that it is spelled
> correctly on the top of my invoice in BOLD 30 PT TYPE!
>
> Does anyone else have this kind of problem?

Yup!  No matter how hard I try to make clear the *two* Rs and *two* Ls, I
still get "Variations on a Torrella."  Annoying.  My wife decided to keep
her maiden name because people rarely misspell "Brown."  :-)  Thought
about changing my name, once upon a time....but someone already had that
one (Ron Brown, R.I.P.).  I like my name, though, despite the cruel
treatment it gets.

			     Ron Torrella, RPT
			Assistant Piano Technician
			  University of Michigan