Noisy Music Desk

Maxpiano@aol.com Maxpiano@aol.com
Fri, 20 Dec 1996 12:11:31 -0500

List -

I never received any reply on this  and figure it was because the list was
experiencing trouble.  Forgive me if this is a repeat.

I have a customer whose Gordon Laughead spinet was made with a couple of
panels in the music rack made up of heavy wire interwoven, maybe 3/4"
spacing.

Every visit over the years, I have had some success quieting the rattle as it
wants to sing along with the music, but it gets worse from year to year.
 I've bent wires, added glue, but any help was short-lived.  Is there any
solution short of ripping out the wire and fashioning wood inserts to replace
the wire?

Bill Maxim, RPT