rebuild or replace?

John Musselwhite musselj@cadvision.com
Fri, 20 Dec 1996 18:07:09 -0700

At 12:43 AM 12/19/96 -0500, Gordon Large wrote:

>I'll either be sending this out to a rebuilder, or they could pick up a new
>Yamaha C3 or C6 from the local music store.  What should I be considering?  I
>can't decide which is the better choice.  (The technician in me likes the
>thought that pianos get rebuilt, but I also think the school needs to get
>used to the idea that there needs to be a gradual turnover in their piano
>fleet.)

The school definitely needs to understand that pianos have a finite life. My
suggestion would be to rebuild the good pianos (Steinways etc.) if that's
what they need and just replace the Asian ones.

			John

Season's Greetings from John Musselwhite, RPT
Calgary, Alberta Canada   EMail: musselj@cadvision.com