Windows-based Tuning Program

Robert Scott rscott@wwnet.com
Sun, 29 Dec 1996 22:50:39 -0500

Inspired by the claim on Dean Reyburn's web page that the RCT cannot
be done on a PC, I have taken up the challenge.  I have written a
Windows 95 - based tuning program.  This program requires Windows 95
and a waveform audio input device (such as a Soundblaster or
equivalent multimedia hardware).  The program tunes by different partials
just like the SAT.  It does not have an FAC facility, but it will have
something similar when it is done.  Currently it reads a file that you
can edit off-line to specify the partial and the stretch for each note.
It has pitch-locking ability for measurement tasks.  Although I am testing
it with a Pentium, my performance measurements indicate it will probably
run with a 486 as well.

What I need now is a few interested piano techs who have this hardware
and would like to try out the early version of this software.
Please e-mail me if you would like to have an evaluation copy.  The
software is called TuneLab 97.  If you e-mail me I will send you the
program by e-mail.  Thanks and best wishes to all for the new year!

Bob Scott