geometry/friction

stanwood stanwood@tiac.net
Thu, 01 Feb 1996 21:00:58 -0500

>Are you saying that moving the capstan line also solved the squeaking
>knuckle problem?

I was referring to touchweight parameters only. Not squeaks

>If so, what if the capstan line doesn't need to be moved?
>I would appreciate any advice about solving that perennial problem. I have
>a lot of it, especially on our concert instruments.

>Avery Todd, RPT

I'd recommend dry teflon for squeaks but not to fix a geometry problem.
I don't have any handle on the relationship between squeaks and
underleveraged/overstrikeweighted actions.  There could be one.

Sorry not to be more helpful.

David Stanwood