Steinway pitman

Keith A. McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Fri, 02 Feb 1996 23:16:46 -0600

>Can anyone help with a troublesome squeak I'm getting from the brass pitman
>& the pads it contacts...
>Ken Strick
>e-mail:  Strick@UConnVM.UConn.Edu

In Albuquerque last year I heard Norm Neblett speak of a corrective measure
for this area when all elses fails.  Not too certain how he goes about
accomplishing it, but the end results are something like the Yamaha pitman
concept.

I believe he makes the hole larger where the brass rod travels through,
creates a pilot hole in the underlever lift rail and in the wood lever
where the brass rod contacts, and makes a wood dowel with a fluted pedal
pin and punching at each end.  This thereby ends all contact with the area
that you say is causing the troublesome squeak.

Maybe somebody here on the list has seen this fix in the PT Journal, or can
also confirm what I am recalling.

Keith A. McGavern, RPT
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Oklahoma Baptist University