Replacing strings: coil winding

allen@pengar.com allen@pengar.com
Sat, 03 Feb 1996 08:00:22 +0000

A few weeks ago there was a thread on replacing strings, and comments
were made about prewinding the three coils and then slipping them on
the pin.  Someone gave a number as to how far to back out the pin
before slipping the coils on the pin.  I've used the www search page
(great tool!) to try and find that number, but I couldn't find it.
So, my question is, when prewinding the coils, how far should I mack
out the pin?  Of course, it depends on how loose the coils are on the
pin, so comments about that in connection with the fractional part
of the turn will be appreciated.

/Allen Leigh
South Jordan, Utah