Accu-Tweaker anomoly

Gilreath@aol.com Gilreath@aol.com
Sun, 04 Feb 1996 22:19:43 -0500

Jim,

I have also found this imaging problem with my SAT-II on B5 (and ocassionally
A5 & A# 5).  When I discussed with the good folks at Inventronics a year or
so ago they told me that it was due to a combination of factors.  I'll do my
best to remember them correctly as this was an informal conversation.  First,
the difference between the partials being read by B5 and C6 and their
relative strengths on the piano cause a big difference in imaging.  Second,
the filters that are used to seperate the particular pitch can change in
value over time and cause some lack of sensitivity on certain notes.
 However, as Ron noted, I too can usually get around the problem by moving
the Accu-Tuner around to change the point where I'm picking up the sound.
 Since this is so easy to do, I haven't bothered with sending my box in for
tweaking.  My opinion is that it is mostly a lack of sound from the piano
rather than an Accu-Tuner problem.  Maybe the Accu-Tuner III or Virtual-Tuner
or whatever we use next will be able to fix this situation.

Good to hear you on Jim.

Best Regards,

Allan Gilreath
Gilreath Piano & Organ