Petrof and Samick quality

allen@pengar.com allen@pengar.com
Sun, 04 Feb 1996 18:29:24 +0000

Hi Les,

>Try this test. The next time you see a Samick, have
> someone play a 7-8 note chord and hold it down. Now lightly rest your fin-
> gers on the long side of the case. What do you feel? Nothing, nada, zip.
> The truth is that junk woods don't sing.

I have a Samick SG-185 (6'1") grand, and I tried your test.  My
daughter-in-law played chords along the full keyboard, and I could
feel vibrations anywhere along the rim and on top of the lid.  Then
she played some music and the vibrations were very noticible--like
tingling in my fingers.

One of the things I really like about the Samick is its tone....
Admittedly, I'm not a pianist, but I am a lover of classical music,
and I really like the mellow tone.  When my daughter, who is a music
graduate of BYU, plays classical music, I'm in "seventh heaven".  To
each his own preference, I guess.

/Allen