Pin Dope AND Hot Stuff AND Dampp-Chasers

Dave Doremus dbd01@www.gnofn.org
Sun, 04 Feb 1996 11:54:29 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 3 Feb 1996 TACOLE9675@aol.com wrote:

> Dave
>
> I just read your post about not applying pin dope when re-installing a
> harpsichord pin...unless it's a Sperrhake. I have a customer who has such an
> instrument (virginal) and wants to sell it. Are you saying that it's a bogus
> harpsichord?
>
> Tom Cole

Sorry, I shouldnt be facetious in print. Its not bogus, just mass
produced very cheaply, and not related to historic design, hence not
really interesting or valuable. There are a lot of these kinds of
instruments out there mostly stemming from the days before Hubbard and
Dowd and others dragged the early keyboard "industry" kicking and
screaming into the past.

Dave Doremus, RPT
dbd01@www.gnofn.org
New Orleans

Music came first; then the scales...; then...the theorists to explain them.
And as they knew more of mathematics than of musical history they laid down
laws which, in actual fact, no human being had ever obeyed.    (Percy Buck)