ivory to Germany?

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Tue, 06 Feb 1996 06:30:06 -0500

Discussing the ivory problem reminded me of the worst job I ever had.

A perfect set of ivory, very thick, very white,  were on the Challen that a
dealer had brought in from England.   Two weeks later, uniformed officers of
the fish and Wildlife commision showed up, declared the ivory in violation of
the international agreement, and told her to take them off of the piano.

I steamed them off, and upon learning that they were destined for a
government warehouse in Virginia, I no longer cared that I scorched and
chipped some of them.

There has to be a better way of protecting elephants than destroying the art
that was produced long ago.

Ed Foote