Tuning instability question

Wippen@aol.com Wippen@aol.com
Tue, 06 Feb 1996 12:30:38 -0500

>From John Minor:
 The Hamburg D in question is from the 1970's and was re-strung 2 months ago,
and was used in a recording session immediately afterwards with little
problem.

John,

This sounds like a reasonable cause for your pianos instability.
It needs more time to stretch out.
I restrung one of our D's and it was used in a chamber music festival almost
immediately upon completion. The tunings held well for each concert but
between concerts there was a good bit of sag.

Give it more time and pounding!!

BTW, what type of plain wire did you use, Roslou or Mapes or what?

I've noticed( maybe just my imagination?) that Roslou seems to take more time
and tunings to settle in. Thoughts?

Paul Dempsey
Marshall University
wippen@aol.com