Mason AA with Renner parts

Mark Dierauf 71204.2532@compuserve.com
Tue, 06 Feb 1996 18:28:13 -0500 (EST)

  After seeing the recent posts about the Mason CC with Renner USA parts, I am
prompted to ask a question regarding a Mason AA action that just recieved a new
set of the same parts.
  When I went through the initial regulation, I noticed that I had to adjust the
jacks back considerably from the scribed line on the rep lever window (IOW,
towards the drop screw). I didn't think too much about it then, as everything
seemed to regulate correctly, but I am finding it impossible to get good
checking, particularly in the bass. It now appears that after let-off the jacks
are getting wedged in between the knuckle and the repetition felt (jack stop
felt), and that this is keeping them from checking properly. I measured the
action spread (on note 1) and got 4 1/2". The drop screw is contacting the rep
lever way out on the very end, also indicating that the spread may be too wide.
Any ideas?

                  Mark Dierauf
                  Concord, NH

visit the WinScale Homepage at: