Tuning machines & RPT exam

Fred Yonley fyonley@usa.pipeline.com
Thu, 08 Feb 1996 23:38:15 -0500

I haven't thought much about the PT100 taking the test; mostly about using
it for scoring. On page 5 of the manual it mentions that in octave 3
measurements can only be taken to the second partial. (on the Yamaha,
octave 3 starts at note A25).  That is a problem since from C28 to A37 the
PT100 can not measure the fourth partial which is necessary when scoring
the exam.

I use the PT100 myself in tuning and have found it very useful. Just
thought I would mention that one point. I am sure it would do very well on
the exam. It would probably have a few points off in the high treble
because it is set to stretch beyond a 2:1 octave.

Fred Yonley RPT