Tuning Frequency

Yardbird47@aol.com Yardbird47@aol.com
Thu, 08 Feb 1996 23:57:16 -0500

My thanks to those who replied with the number of tunings which their
practice room and teaching studio pianos get per year. What I thought might
happen is that you'd all chime in, the way you introduce yourselves at a CAUT
meeting: name, college/university, and the annual Relative Humidity swing at
your place. We would all be interested in as wide a survey as possible.

As for me, what is more relevant is the tuning frequency for a small music
dept, whose service is not done by a tech on staff but rather contracted out.
I'm sure monthly tunings are much more the rule at large music depts with
their own staff techs. (There are two accounts whom I'd like to be able to
advise on the way things usually get done.)

We'd all have fun finding out.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapt.

"You'll make more money selling my advice than following it" Steve Forbes,
quoting his father, Malcom.