Mason & Hamlin

Dennis Johnson johnsond@stolaf.edu
Fri, 09 Feb 1996 15:17:33 -0600

Alright already. I will retract my bold conculsion, which was based in part
with the understanding at the time that any meaningful discrepency between
the old and new parts had been ruled out. It is obvious that after David
indicated the LO problem existed before the ratio was changed, its origin
lie elsewhere.
________________________

At  7:23 AM 2/6/96 -0700, stanwood wrote:
>The Renner USA parts are a close match, dimensionally, with the originals,
>however I've consistently had problems being able to turn the letoff high
>enough without the buttons coming up against the letoff rail. ....
>__________________________________

If there is a problem with these Renner replacements I hope this can be
resolved, because that is serious. If, for example, it should turn out in
the end that these full leveraged shanks really need the smaller knuckles,
(as originally designed) - that is an interesting situation indeed!  This
possibility is far more significant than any relationship between key ratio
and let off buttons.  When you figure it out, please let us know.

Dennis Johnson
St. Olaf College
johnsond@stolaf.edu
djohn@skypoint.com