commercial HCS

Wippen@aol.com Wippen@aol.com
Mon, 12 Feb 1996 18:22:03 -0500

Danny,

I can't speak to any pros or cons of your projected acquisition of a high
tech climate control system at your school. I have been fighting the same
battle with my un-humidity controled University for over 25 years.

But, it seems to me that having a special,controled room might have problems
of its own.

If it is stabalized in the room, what happens when it is rolled onto a dry or
damp stage for a recital or concert? Certainly  the piano would immediatley
begin to become unstable again as it either drys out or starts soaking it up.
That might create performance problems,extra work,etc. Likewise, after the
performance and the piano is returned to its storage area it would change
again.

Something to think about.

Paul Dempsey
Marshall University