Instrument condition

allen@pengar.com allen@pengar.com
Tue, 13 Feb 1996 15:07:24 +0000

> From:          Bbarasa@aol.com

> If the piano is old, I warn them that it is possible that some strings will
> break, that I have had excellent results without breaking strings, that they
> usually break in the high end which is less of a hassle to fix,

Barb,

I found your comment about breakage in the high end intresting,
because almost of my string breakage on old pianos is with bichords.

Do you follow Avery's procedure & do the high end before the base?  I
been starting with F3 and working down to A0 and then from F#3 up.
Maybe that is my problem.  I think the base strings put more tension
on the piano; maybe I should do them last??

/Allen