Development of Protek

Joseph Vitti JVITTI@ccmail.sunysb.edu
Wed, 14 Feb 1996 14:00:11 -0500 (EST)

                       Stony Brook, NY

                                            Joseph Vitti
                                            Piano Technician
                                            Music
                                            516 632-7330
                                            14-Feb-1996 12:59pm EST
FROM:  JVITTI
TO:    Remote Addressee                     ( _pianotech@byu.edu )

Subject: Development of Protek

This post is in response to all those interested in the development of Protek
products.

Many of the questions asked about Protek were covered in the February 1993
issue of the PTG Journal. Jim Harvey wrote the artical after a telephone
interview with me.

While it may be hard for some to believe, my partner Al Comparetti (28 yrs at
Steinways tone regulating dept.) and I really did work with a polymer chemist
to develop Protek CLP MPL-1 and Prolube spray. The chemist by the way also
loves the piano and is both a proficient pianist and composer. So you can see
the interest on his part to work with us. We basically gave him a list of
desirable qualities and no no's. The resulting CLP formula was engineered by
him for our exclusive use. The product is carefully formulated by him under
strict guidelines to insure uniformity.

Protek products are fluoropolymers similar to PTFE or teflon, and one of the
over 3000 polymers developed to date. The unique qualities were DESIGNED into
the product. 1. a stable suspension so both vehicle and polymer are delivered
in proper proportion. (CLP, MPL, Prolube will not seperate like teflon spray
does). 2. After the solvent evaporates CLP and Prolube are DRY. 3. They will
not attract dust or leave a residue build up. 4. Very high bonding
characteristics, so the products stay on longer and don't travel.

Protek products have had considerable lab and field testing before being
offered for sale.

The products are environmentally safe. The CLP formula is TOP SECRET and cannot
be reverse engineered (another DESIGNED quality). An MSDS is available
according to the "Right to Know" law.

We pay to have this product made, we package Protek products in our own
facilites, and distribute to the supply houses.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you may have.

Joe Vitti