Kimball Update

FirTree@aol.com FirTree@aol.com
Wed, 14 Feb 1996 15:48:27 -0500

Over on Compuserve in the AP Business news, there is an article with a few
details.

* Kimball will honor warranties
* Will continue making Bosendorfer
* Will make piano cabinets, keys and other parts in US & England
* Will stop making pianos in June and transfer the remaining
    30 employees to furniture making.

There was, of course, no mention in the article about Kimball's own poor
manufacturing methods having an effect on sales.

30% of Kimball's revenue comes from making auto, computer &
telecommunications electronics.

I suppose this means that the Japanese and Koreans will be making more pianos
in the US than American companies.

Dave Stocker, RPT (with my hat over my heart)
firtree@aol.com
Tumwater, WA