New Bridge Pins

Brent.Fischer@asu.edu Brent.Fischer@asu.edu
Fri, 16 Feb 1996 08:24:39 -0700

Terry,  try a 3 by 21 inch variable speed belt sander. I have used this
method for years sucessfully.  Start with 100 grit and finish with 120.
The best sander for this is the Elu brand. It is lightweight and
and extremely well made for a small sander.  Do not worry about
heating pins up just keep the speed reasonable.  I have drilled and pinned
thirty-thousand bridges with never a loose pin from overheating. It
looks good and usually takes about fifteen minutes for treble and bass.

Brent.Fischer@ASU.EDU
Arizona State University/Tempe