worn back checks

Paul Kupelian kupelian@Oswego.Oswego.EDU
Fri, 16 Feb 1996 13:58:15 -0500 (EST)

Here is my procedure for replacing worn backchecks in wires (non threaded).

I use a backcheck tool from APSCO cat# 16245.  This tool works in a
combination handle, but I put it in my Delta floorstand drill and set
the drill stop for the proper height.  I put the key on the table and
lower the tool over the wire until the drill stop prevents any further
movement.  All the backchecks are then at a uniform height, and none of
them are ruined.

A word of caution- make sure you unplug the drill before you start.  You
are only using the drill press as a drill 'press'.

Paul Kupelian, RPT
kupelian@oswego.edu