Knocking Steam

Yardbird47@aol.com Yardbird47@aol.com
Sat, 17 Feb 1996 22:49:44 -0500

<< Remember, I said it was a fix born of desperation right before a recital.
Thanks for your advice.>>

Don't worry, I noticed the remark. We're all in the bright-lights-hot-spot
business here.

<<Due to some problems on my end I have lost all the messages on hammer
steamers. Can someone EASILY tell me the app. date for when that thread
started so I can search the archives for it? >>

All you really need it an electric tea kettle to work up a head of steam and
a good pair of ears. You learned how to dope hammers didn't you? It's just
the same (except your feedback is faster). On a knockaournd, foolaround piano
pick clusters of three identical sounding notes across the scale and try a
discrete puff of steam on the middle hammer of each cluster. Your ears will
tell you if you're getting what you're looking for.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, PTG

"If you are in a dilemma about where to park your car, ask your hostess. If
she is engaged, ask some responsible person who can indicate a convenient
spot"
Betty White's Teenage Dance Book (paperback, 1959)