Space

Harry Whitaker whitakeh@eburg.com
Sun, 18 Feb 1996 11:06:51 -0800

At 01:53 PM 2/16/96 -0700, you wrote:
>I am in need of information regarding shop space size in colleges and
>universities. It looks real good that Ithaca College will start the
>expansion of the music building within the next year. There are blueprints
>for the expansion and the new piano technician's area is inadequate.
>
>I would like to know what is out there in other institutions as far as
>square feet for piano tech. facilities. Also, storage space would be
>helpful. One can e-mail me directly so as not to burden the list. This
>information will help me state my case. There is a battle at hand. I want
>to win!
>
>Don McKechnie
>dmckech@ithaca.edu

I need similar input for Central Washigton University's proposed new music
facility as part of their plan for the 21st century.  It may not happen but
if it does I'd like to present the "ulitimate shop" proposal as a starting
place they can work down from.  Everything included for tools and floor
space and design, refinishing and soundboard installation.  Has such a plan
been put together and if so where could I get a copy?

Harry Whitaker
whitakeh@eburg.com