Everett Loose Tuning Pins

MR ALLAN H DAY XSVM93A@prodigy.com
Sun, 18 Feb 1996 23:03:33 -0500 (EST)

Fred,
I remember servicing many of these Everetts with the problem you
discribe. The condition is due to the contamination from the mutton
tallow they used to drive the pressure bar screws.
 We used a procedure devised by Yamaha whereby we mixed powdered
resin with 5 minute epoxy and swabbed the hole with the stuff. Work 5-
6 pin holes at a time before driving the original pins back in.
After some initial jumpiness the pin smoothes out pretty well.
Allan