Bone keytops

EugeniaCar@aol.com EugeniaCar@aol.com
Mon, 19 Feb 1996 11:18:15 -0500

Paul,
The only experience I've had was with Bella Davidovich (sp?) several years
ago. She insisted on rubbing the ivories with a candle. Since I had never
encountered this, I was a bit uneasy letting her do it; but she told me (in
her halting English) that this was the only was she could play. Her manager
told me that she felt it gave her a better grasp and that she did it on every
piano she played. Tho it took me a little elbow grease to clean them off
afterwards, the ivories have shown no after effects.
Gina Carter