Slow Hammer Return

Pianotoone@aol.com Pianotoone@aol.com
Mon, 19 Feb 1996 21:38:51 -0500

The Piano is a 14 year old Young Chang Grand Model G-185.  The hammer moves
back toward the rest position just fine until about the last 3/4 inch.  Then
slow considerable.  I have checked all pivit points, center pins,
bushings,ect.  Everything is fine.Then I pulled the key out{ Eb(5), right at
the break) and noticed that it seemed heavy on the ivory end.  When I
compared the leads with the sharp key next to it.  I found that the four
leads in the key in question were right next to each other while the good
action key leads were spread out.  Am I right in assuming that I need to
remove some lead weight from the key?  And if so.  Do you just drill out some
or how do you proceed.  I know this is a long post, but figured the more info
you have the more likely I am to get the proper answer.

Dick Day
Marshall, MI