Cracked plates

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Wed, 21 Feb 1996 20:13:09 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 21 Feb 1996 Tunerguy@aol.com wrote:

> There wasno other reason to bring it up to A-440 other than aesthetics. It
> was way out in the country, and it had tremondous semential value to the
> customer, and on top of it all she had done a marvelous job of refinishing
> it..... and she really didn't care. Just so it sounded ok and
> worked.....which it does...............

Actually I think your decision showed good judgement. It's better to tune it
a 1/2 step flat and leave it stable and holding, than to try to raise it
to A-440 and perhaps risk having the plate break again. Bottom line: You did
what you thought was best for ther piano and you left the customer happy.
That's what's important.

Les Smith
lessmith@buffnet.net