High Polish Cleaner Question -Reply

Jack Reeves reevesj@BYUGATE.byu.edu
Fri, 23 Feb 1996 11:35:41 -0700

>>> John Minor <jminor@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> 02/23/96 10:18am

      What is the best "cleaner/polish" to use on the high polish
polyester finish on our Hamburg D? Mainly need to keep finger
prints wiped off, etc. I
John, in a discussion of the same topic about 2 years ago,
someone recommended Spray-zit surface cleaner from
Mellocraft.  I couldn't find it locally and had to order from the
factory and take two cases but it works good on polyester.  I'm a
little afraid of it on lacquer, though.  The compositional
information lists ethyl alcohol and 2-butoxyethanol.  Our custodial
staff use butoxyethanol to clean up the sinks in the painting labs.
I spray it on and it goes foamy, and then it gets wiped off
immediately.  In areas where overspray could do damage, I
spray it on the rag and wipe the surface.  Write me if you need an
address.

Jack          jack_reeves@byu.edu