Brown keytops

Ron Nossaman nossaman@southwind.net
Sat, 24 Feb 1996 10:52:14 -0600 (CST)

Jim, at 07:57 AM 2/20/96 -0700, you wrote:

>Chocolate What Ain't: We once had a case at LA Unified Schools where a
>chocolaty appearing substance was discovered, evenly spread across all
>the ivories. "Closer" investigation caused us to file this one under
>vandalism, as opposed to someone attempting to generate a better
>tactile surface. It turned out not to be chocolate -- in school
>jargon, I believe it's called #2.
>
>In the interest of quick turnaround time, the key recovering was
>subcontracted to Pacific Piano Supply. They preserved the outtakes, I
>think mainly for the story surrounding them. Shortly thereafter a
>non-technician with a project and a purpose happened by. He spotted
>the 'earth' toned keys, indicated that they were the exact shade he
>had been pursuing, and bought the set. Today, somewhere in Los
>Angeles...
>
>Jim Harvey RPT

You missed your chance for immortality on this one, Jim. You should have
tried to polish 'em. If successful, you could have blown an old and
venerable cliche right out of the... toilet! There goes your Leno booking.
On further consideration, maybe that was a keyboard for "Scat" singers.
<{blank} eating grin>

I DID hold off on this for a couple of days until it looked like no one else
was going to jump on it. Somebody had to do it.

PS: Looking at your post times... do you ever sleep? <G>

regards,

 Ron Nossaman