Tuning Hammer Tips

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Sat, 24 Feb 1996 18:54:11 -0500

John;
 I agree. I have a Hale hammer that I have had for 31 yrs. It was given to me
by the conductor of the symphony here in Jax.
It was his fathers hammer, the conductor no longer tuned and wanted someone
to have it that would use it, not put it in a drawer.
It, of course, is a Hale hammer, from the late 1800's. no it has not got the
original tip, but I am on my second tip since I have had it. I do not
understand why they can't make a tip that will
last longer than 20-25 years. Love my hammer, have three others, but the Hale
is my weapon of choice.
Jim Bryant(FL)