Accutuner Dual System -Reply

Michel Lachance Chance@cme.qc.ca
Mon, 26 Feb 1996 23:38:13 +0000 (GMT)

>Next, I tune the A2 to A4 temperament, Page 1 from A2 to F#3, Page 2, G3 to
A4.
>Then I check the octaves and contiguous thirds, for problems.  I might
change a
>setting at this point.

>Larry Gardner, RPT

Thanks a lot, Larry. Your explanations are quite simple and clear.  However,
I have to tell you I am still a bit confused about ADJUSTING the stretch
figures.  The manual talks about making changes even before you experiment
the temperament.  What guides you in making these adjustments.  Instinct?
Practice?  Down to earth matters?

That leads me to another question.  In case of a straight single page FAC
calculation, would you be incline to make manual adjustments in case of
extreme disparity between the stretch numbers, such as 14, 4.5 and 4.5, for
example?

Michel LaChance, RPT
Chance@cme.qc.ca