Interesting Piano

ATodd@UH.EDU ATodd@UH.EDU
Tue, 27 Feb 1996 11:25:18 -0600 (CST)

   I recently tuned an interesting looking piano I wanted to find out more
about, if possible.
   The decal on the fallboard said: Gebruder Knake
                                    Munster I/W.
                                     Germany
   The casting on the plate said: Gebr, Knake, Munster

   On the fold back portion of the lid there is a decal type of thing which
says:      Made expressly
                for
        the Climate of India
            by Order of
       Messrs. Marcks * Co. Ld.
           Bombay & Poona
This decal had a circle engraved all the way around it.

The piano has a squared off tail, with brass molding on both sides of the
edge, with the same molding on the outside edge of the side arms. There are
only 2 pedals, waterfall keytops with 2 brads in the keyfront covering and
2 more in each corner of the back of the covering. The action brackets are
wood.

   Unfortunately, I didn't have time to investigate further. Has anyone
ever encountered a piano like this? I couldn't find a serial number in the
usual places.
   I would appreciate any information.

Avery Todd, RPT
University of Houston