Kimball is gone! Now what?

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Tue, 27 Feb 1996 14:55:17 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 27 Feb 1996 PianoBook@aol.com wrote:

> >I did not know that...!
> >
> >After all these years, now I know why those dreaded Kimball spinets have
> >such tight, jumpy tuning pins!  Who were the keys made by?  I just love
> >those downward-angled keys that break with a test-blow, don't you!
> >

> I believe Baldwin has been making backs and actions for Kimball for only the
> past year or two.  Correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> Larry Fine

Boy, Imagine Baldwin (Pratt-Win) supplying entire actions for Kimball
pianos. Hard to believe, huh? Geez, I wonder of Pratt-Win has been
supplying upright actions to any OTHER well-known US manufacturers? And
what if they mixed up the actions destined for Kimball and those destined
for that other manufacturer and nobody even noticed the difference? Just
idle questions on a rainy Tuesday afternoon!

Party On, Dudes (and Dudettes)!

Les Smith
lessmith@buffnet.net