CAUT SPECIFIC

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Tue, 27 Feb 1996 22:13:06 -0500

Hello all on the list,

I have a request for information, and can think of no better place to find it
than here.

I have been asked, by "my" school, to  make a recommendation for replacement
pianos for four  worn out junkers in the practise rooms.  In the past,  we
have always replaced pianos with the big Yamaha uprights, (they had the
sostenuto),  but since they are no longer cost-reasonable, I have been asked
to compare the Boston Uprights.
     I have seen the Yamaha pianos give many years of trouble free service;
 who has experience with the Boston in high use, school settings?  And if you
please, what are the specifics?  Is the pinning durable?  Do the hammers wear
well? Trapwork function well enough to ignore for a year or so at a time?
 Case parts and hardware stay put and not rattle?
      All of this is really useful information,  I appreciate anybodys
thoughts on the marque.

Regards,
Ed Foote