Refinishing a piano

Mark Krieger msk@unipress.com
Thu, 29 Feb 1996 12:02:28 -0500 (EST)

Hello. I'm now mostly done with my first piano, my old neat K & B
beasty (thanks eveyone for all the help!!!), and I've had a 50 yr old (?)
Wurlitzer  grand fall into my lap.

Not a wonderfully built piano, but fun for the hobbiest, and needs much
less 'piano' work (the action is in incredibly good condition) than the K
& B. And a nice gift for a friend once it is fixed up.

The worst part about this Wurlitzer is the wood veneer, which is a
complete mess. Can anyone suggest a book on piano or furniture
refinishing which I can read and use as a reference in refinishing the
veneer? I have done some woodworking, but this is way beyond my experience.

I know that this might want to go onto the scrap heap for the amount of
work I will need to do, but this is for fun, not for profit....

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Mark Krieger
UniPress Software     http://www.unipress.com