celluloid

Newton Hunt nhunt@rci.rutgers.edu
Wed, 03 Jan 1996 12:26:50 -0500

I must most emphatically reiterate that some keytops have been made with the
nitrate material that IS extremely flamible.  I have twice send keys in to have
them recovered with the entire set burned, keys chared and fallboard singed and
needing reveneering.

Please error on the side of caution.  If you must, take it outside with a
bucket of water and see if it burns.

The two pianos I mentioned were George Stecks 45" studios at NYU in the late
sixties.  Pianos were about ten years old then.  Must have scared the pianist
out of ten years growth>

      Newton
      nhunt@rci.rutgers.edu