Piano loan program

Wippen@aol.com Wippen@aol.com
Thu, 04 Jan 1996 17:21:27 -0500

Newton,
We are in our second year of a loan program. We *do* pay shipping(freight)
for delivery of the instruments. We knew this going in as it is part of the
contract. Our costs have been $1200-1300.00 per load. Of course, we only get
6 grands,6 full-size uprights and 4 digitals.

The dealer we work with is a complete gentleman and has bent over backwards
to insure that this is a positive venture for Marshall. He insisted on paying
all costs(postage[12,000 mailings],telephone installations,etc.) even though
the University was obliged for these. I echo Brents suggestion to examine
your contract to see if there is a breach by the dealer.

I don't know what the record is but there were over 40 units sold during our
Summer/95 sale.

We have been completely happy with the arrangement, so far.

Paul Dempsey
Marshall University
wippen@aol.com