Single loops pros & cons

ATodd@UH.EDU ATodd@UH.EDU
Fri, 05 Jan 1996 12:47:30 -0600 (CST)

Mitch,
   To me, the biggest advantage of the single loops is that when one breaks,
you always have 2 strings left on a given note.
   The biggest "con" is having to make those loops & trying to make them look
as neat as the originals around them.
   I'm going to be restringing one of our Bosendorfer's next week and I
accidentally found out that one could order the plain wire strings already
looped and ready to install. Unfortunately, Bose USA didn't have the model I
needed in stock so they had to be sent from Vienna and the postage cost was
horrendous. The strings themselves are very reasonable when you compare the
cost with the time you would have to spend making the loops yourself.
   The next time, I'm going to "try" & wait until they are in stock in the
US.

Avery Todd
University of Houston
atodd@uh.edu