PTG Listserve

Ron Berry ronberry@iquest.net
Fri, 05 Jan 1996 23:15 -0500 (EST)

I think we can get a list at Prairienet for free.  Do you all feel that
there is sufficient interest in a List for discussing PTG Organizational and
political issues?

It could be set up as an unmoderated (wear your flameproof suits) list.  The
only requirement would be that you be a member.  People would subscribe via
the listserv robot and then they would be checked against the directory and
removed if not members.  This might make people feel more comfortable airing
PTG issues without worrying about non members seeing "our dirty laundry".

I think that PTG is not really at the point to set up our own server right
now.  It would have to be at the home office and maintained by them.  What I
read says that we would be talking around $10,000 for equipment and a T1
dedicated line.  It seems easy enough to get space other places either by
renting the space or getting it donated as at Prairienet.

If you would like me to set up a list, perhaps called PTG-L,  following
internet naming conventions for lists,  then let me know and I will work on
it.  I want to be sure that enough people are interested in it to warrant
setting up a new list.

Ron