A preponderance of Ron Berrys

Ron Berry ronberry@iquest.net
Sat, 06 Jan 1996 19:50 -0500 (EST)

At 17:23 1/6/96 -0700, you wrote:
>I just checked the pianotech list and found, much to my dismay, a smattering
>of 11 screennames for Ron Berry- one of which is mine.   Will the real Ron
>Berry please step forward?
>
>Eric Leatha
>tunrboy@aol.com

I have noticed the same thing and have been trying to track down the
problem.  My address is ronberry@iquest.net   This is the only address I now
have and I only get one copy of the posts.  There are many other addresses
with my name associated.  I wonder if some people subscribed from directions
I might have given where I used my name as an example.
You send subscriptions to
listserv@byu.edu

If you send them to pianotech@byu.edu all you do is send a copy of your
subscription request to 200+ people and you still won't be subscribed.

To subscribe you send
subscribe pianotech Yourfirstname Yourlastname

If you subscribed and put my name in that place, please send
unsubscribe pianotech

Then resubscribe with your own name.

I have sent notes to 2 people who are subscribed with my name but got no
response.  Perhaps sending this to the list will help.  I wondered if
somehow those who subscribed off the Piano Page got my name on it, but I
don't quite see how that could happen.  If you find that you have subscribed
with my name, then please let us know how it happened.

Thanks,
Ron