Samick Pianos

Jim_Harvey@yca.ccmail.compuserve.com Jim_Harvey@yca.ccmail.compuserve.com
Sat, 06 Jan 1996 20:58:26 -0500 (EST)

     The play (or ploy) of selling pianos from the back of trucks is not
     new. Only the company names and participants change.

     An old-timer shared one such story with me... with a twist, when I
     first entered the business.

     In this instance, after a deal had been struck in the back of the
     truck, logistics problems at the rural home required that the piano be
     brought in through the back door. While positioning the truck
     correctly in the back yard, the weight of the truck was too much for
     the septic system. Whatever you might think happened as a result did
     -- to the truck, cargo, and driver. A wrecker was required to retrieve
     the "package".

     I'm sure those particular pianos had even higher discounts afterwards.

     Jim Harvey, RPT