Who the list is for!

Bbarasa@aol.com Bbarasa@aol.com
Mon, 08 Jan 1996 20:47:29 -0500

If you'd like us to stand up and identify ourselves, I'll be happy to go
first.

Not only am I not a university technician (altho I did tune for a junior
college for three years), but after about a decade of telling my customers
that a piano tuner who was not a tuner full time would probably not be very
good, piano tuning is now my secondary occupation.  So I am unworthy on TWO
counts!  (I can tell customers that tuning USED to be my primary occupation,
which counts for something.)

I am brand new to the list.  I don't mind keeping my mought shut (altho it
doesn't come naturally to me) if that makes it easier for the institutional
techs to do their thing.  I can learn a lot just by eavesdropping.  Aside
from the obvious entertainment value of the messages, I can also breathe a
sigh of relief that I never have to encounter a lot of the things that these
guys (guys is a gender neutral term to me, BTW) do.

If another list is started for those of us who mostly encounter in the home
uprights and consoles that haven't been tuned for over 5 years, with the
occasional relief of a lovely M&H or S&S grand, just point me in the right
direction!

Can we be counted as institutional technicians if we get a note from our
doctor or shrink saying we belong in an institution?