humidistat settings and "beefed up"

DAMPPCHASR@aol.com DAMPPCHASR@aol.com
Thu, 11 Jan 1996 11:16:07 -0500

Hi again Don.

Glad to receive your remarks on improving humidity control.  I'd like to
respond to several of the specific items you suggested:

  > Have the power turn off to the humidifier when the low water warning
light flashes for more than 36 hours.<

The new Smart Heater Bar was designed to do just that.  Stay tuned to the
next "Sound Advice" newsletter and also Field Expert letter which will
describe the product specifications in detail.

  > Consider changing the instructions for filling to be the same for both
uprights and grands.<

Yes.  Jim Coleman is currently doing a write up on this.  We will make this
change sometime this year.  The vertical humidifier pads wick more easily
because the capillary action that pulls the water up doesn't have so far to
pull.

warrantee cards.<

I wish we had done it the way you suggest.  As I look at it now, I think it
would have worked better.  Actually, we provided a separate coupon for the
set of pads, and, everything considered, this didn't work very well.  It is
something we will keep in mind for the future.  Thanks for the comment.

Regarding the different humidistats....

"wet" humidistat is calibrated 6% higher than "standard"
"dry" humidistat is calibrated 4% lower  than "standard"

Regards,
Gayle Mair
Damppchasr@aol.com