Charging for "wholesale" work

Bob Simmons bsimmons@wiley.csusb.edu
Thu, 11 Jan 1996 20:00:51 -0800 (PST)

Most of my work is with institutions and private clients, but I do, once
in a while, find myself trouble-shooting for a manufacturer or two, and
usually walk away from the experience feeling like I cheated myself (by
charging too little), but paradoxically feeling like the manufacturer may
view even the reduced rate as highway robbery. I've never been good at
pricing anyway, but especially have never been privy to any discussion
about how one sets their "wholesale" charges.

How do you do it?

Bob Simmons, RPT
CSU San Bernardino & UC Riverside