Tuning Pin Angles

Daleboy@aol.com Daleboy@aol.com
Sat, 13 Jan 1996 09:51:55 -0500

Hello all,
            I would like to read some opinions on the subject of tuning pin
angles as pertaining to drilling and restringing. There seems to be a number
of different philosophies in this area as far as rebuilders that I have
visited. Some were adamant about having the pin rest at 90 degrees to the
string line and others added additional angle ranging from 3 to 7 degrees of
tilt for a variety of reasons. Is there any one definitive settup or simply a
matter of taste? Manufacturer input is welcome so jump right in!!
Thanks much!

Dale Whitehead, RPT
Franklin, Tennessee