Cleaning Ivories

S. Brady sbrady@u.washington.edu
Mon, 15 Jan 1996 14:24:53 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 15 Jan 1996 lessmith@buffnet7.buffnet.net wrote:

> I don't know if anyone else has seen it yet, but there is a post today
> in the newsgroup rec.music.makers.piano, on the subject of cleaning
> ivories, which recommends the use of VODKA! WOW! And to think all these
> years I've only been using naptha...

      Recently, I was working on a grand action. As I sat there
regulating, the client comes in and says, "My grandmother always said to
clean the keys with MILK!"  I was just about to launch into my
explanation that this was just an old wives tale, when she whips out a
bowl of milk and says, "so I want to try it right now." She cleaned the
keys with milk, and it worked great. Go figure!

Steve Brady, RPT        "Chaos is the law of nature; order is the
University of Washington      dream of man."    --Henry Adams
sbrady@u.washington.edu